Most Active Stories
- Unification Of Ypsilanti And Willow Run School Districts Fast Approaching
- Roundabout Construction Near Costco Will Soon Be Underway
- Emilio Teubal is a 'Constant Reinventor'
- Local cyclists organize 'Ride of Silence' in Ann Arbor, Ypsilani
- Controversial 413 East Huron Development Project wins Ann Arbor City Council Approval
Mon February 11, 2013
Anders Osborne "Three Free Amigos" rewarding listening
Although “Three Free Amigos” is only six songs long, this E.P. is an excellent reflection of Anders Osborne’s current state of mind – which is a state of tempered grace. Earlier recordings revealed a tortured soul, haunted by destructive passions, lost love, lost opportunity and lost youth. With “Three Free Amigos”, it feels as though Osborne has discovered a heretofore unearthed joie de vivre with these songs and their arrangements from the spritely reggae-flavored “Marmalade” to the gently bluesy “It’s Gonna Be O.K.”. “We Move On” might even be happy-sounding enough for a Mardi Gras mix! Whatever the reason, this Monday morning was a good day to put New Orleans singer-songwriter Anders Osborne and “Three Free Amigos” on the 89.1 Jazz playlist.