Motorists could have some trouble getting around Ann Arbor this Sunday.
More than a dozen different sections of road will be closed on Sunday for the Ann Arbor Marathon.
Areas affected by the marathon include the following:
- Eastern Northbound lane of Main Street from Stadium to Hoover
- Hoover from Main to South State
- Division from Hoover to Hill
- Hill Street from Division to before South 5th Avenue
- South State from Hoover to Monroe
- Tappan from Monroe to South University
- South University from Tappan to East University
- Southern/Eastbound lane of North University from Fletcher to the pedestrian bridge
- Observatory from Washington Heights to Geddes
- Northern/Westbound lanes of Geddes from Observatory to Huron Parkway
- Northbound lanes of Huron Parkway between Geddes and East Huron River Drive
- Northern/Westbound lane of East Huron River Drive from South Huron Parkway to Dixboro Road
- Old Dixboro Road from Dixboro to Gallup Park
- Eastbound lane of Fuller Road from Huron Parkway to Fuller Court
- Outer/Western Southbound lane of Huron Parkway from Fuller Road to Geddes
- Eastbound lane of Fuller Court between Gallup Park and East Medical Center Drive
- Eastbound lane of Fuller Road from Fuller Court to East Medical Center Drive
- Northernmost/Westbound lane of East Medical Center Drive from Fuller Road to Nichols Drive to the entrance of the Arboretum
- Washington Heights between East Medical Center Drive and Observatory
Closures will be intermittent, with some starting as early as 7:15 a.m. and others lasting as late as 1:15 p.m. Additional information about the closures can be found here.
Non-commercial, fact based reporting is made possible by your financial support. Make your donation to WEMU today to keep your community NPR station thriving.
— Taylor Pinson is a writer/reporter for 89.1 WEMU News. Contact him at 734.487.3363 or email him firstname.lastname@example.org