WEMU is hiring! To apply you must visit the EMU Careers Page to fill out the application for job number 02585.
The Digital Operations Specialist is responsible for supporting and maintaining mission critical audio and information technology equipment in a broadcast environment.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee and maintain the ENCO automation software and the on-air computer system.
- Maintain in-house networking security and proper network documentation.
- Schedule / perform routine computer / broadcast equipment maintenance at the station.
- Coordinate and work with contract engineers on transmission technology.
- Perform preventative maintenance on studio equipment.
- Act as liaison with EMU IT department.
- Produce promotional announcements for station programming.
- Manage all other technical aspects at WEMU, including digital stream, mobile app, remote broadcasting equipment, phone system, and donor and traffic databases.
- Collaborate with station team on pledge drives and station events.
- Keep current on emerging technologies that might benefit the station.
- Troubleshoot and address technical/transmitter issues as necessary overnights and weekends.
- Maintain and update station’s website and social media channels daily (M-F) with new content.
- Other duties as necessary.
- Strong IT knowledge through Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree, vocational / technical training or appropriate work experience is required.
- Knowledge of FCC and other federal, state and local broadcasting regulations is required.
- Self-motivated, organized, good time-management skills, and ability to perform assigned duties with little supervision is required.
- Demonstrated ability to work through difficult and stressful situations is required.
- Skilled in operating radio equipment is required.
- Knowledge and understanding of radio communications facilities and distribution systems is required.
- Ability to oversee, coordinate, and support the execution of continuous broadcast schedules on a 24/7 basis is required.
- Passion for determining how things work and troubleshooting problems is preferred.
Apply here: EMU Jobs Site Eastern Michigan University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and Educator that is strongly committed to achieving excellence through cultural diversity. The University actively encourages applications from women, persons of color, applicants with disabilities, veterans, and members of other underrepresented groups. Eastern Michigan University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and will conduct a competitive recruitment for positions to identify and attract a diverse and qualified candidate pool.
Find additional information on job applicant equal employment opportunity protections as part of the application process.
At Eastern Michigan University, no qualified person shall, solely by reason of disability, be denied access to, participation in, or the benefits of, any program or activity operated by the University. If requested, Eastern Michigan University will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants in order to provide access to the application, interviewing, and selection process. You are not required to note the presence of a disability on your application. If you require reasonable accommodation in the application and/or interview process due to disability, requests must be made in advance of the posting close date. For more information, please contact University Human Resources at (734) 487-3430.