A recent noncomMUSIC Alliance survey of 87 music-format public radio station partners (serving nearly nine million listeners) shows that a majority of these local stations provide a unique portal for music discovery and make music more accessible with:
- Knowledgeable local hosts and expert curation
- Special music programs to explore essential and emerging music and artists
- Live music performances in studio and in communities
- Music journalism, news, and local information
- Educational programs and cultural initiatives
Together, these initiatives foster community among music lovers, support local artists and the local music scene, and develop the next generation of musicians and audiences. This common mission of community service, education, and cultural support separates local public radio music stations from other music providers.
WEMU is one of those stations. And, especially on Sundays, with 22 hours of music and four outstanding locally-hosted programs.
From The Sunday Best at 10:00 a.m. and winding up with The Big City Blues Cruiseat 5:00 p.m., WEMU brings you music that soothes, stimulates, inspires, educates, and entertains. Every single Sunday.
Non-commercial, fact based reporting is made possible by your financial support. Make your donation to WEMU today to keep your community NPR station thriving.