Most Active Stories
- Unification Of Ypsilanti And Willow Run School Districts Fast Approaching
- Roundabout Construction Near Costco Will Soon Be Underway
- Emilio Teubal is a 'Constant Reinventor'
- Local cyclists organize 'Ride of Silence' in Ann Arbor, Ypsilani
- Controversial 413 East Huron Development Project wins Ann Arbor City Council Approval
Thu January 24, 2013
"Cuban Crosshatching" receives 89.1 Jazz premiere.
If you are searching for fresh new music for 2013, WEMU recommends the new CD “Cuban Crosshatching” by percussionist Arturo Stable. His 2012 duo disc “Dos Y Mas” with pianist Elio Villafranca was one of the finest recordings of 2012. Stable continues the path he has forged in his notable career with music of integrity, artistic credibility and exploratory creativity. We premiered “Cuban Crosshatching” this morning and found that it paired perfectly with “Elemental” by the new regional Latin jazz group, Aguanko.
From his website, Arturo Stable describes “Cuban Crosshatching” as “re-imagining percussion: blending styles and instruments from all over the world into contemporary chamber music aesthetics. I couldn’t say it any better myself. Treat yourself to this modern musical odyssey of Latin jazz, provocative percussion and improvisation.