On this edition of WEMU's Modern Aging, Dr. Theresa Reid talks about the important questions to ask yourself to become the “older person you want to be.”
Dr. Reid's Tips to Becoming "an Old Person-in-Training"
- Evaluate how you look and feel now (eating habits, exercise routine, etc.).
- "Imagine" yourself as a older person (if you're lucky, that will come true).
- Learn to accept that aging is inevitable.
- Understand that the older you get, the more individualistic you become (all comes from life experiences).
- Know that getting older is more than just saving your money for retirement.
Non-commercial, fact based reporting is made possible by your financial support. Make your donation to WEMU today to keep your community NPR station thriving.