Suspect In Ann Arbor Food Contamination Case In Custody
The FBI says a man is in custody after he admitted to spraying a contaminant on unpackaged food items at three Ann Arbor grocery stores.
The FBI says intial investigation indicates the man sprayed a mixture of hand cleaner, water, and mouse poison on produce and open food bars at the Whole Foods Market on West Eisenhower Parkway, the Meijer Store on Ann Arbor-Saline Road, and the Plum Market on North Maple.
State officials say they don't anticipate adverse health effects for those who may have eaten potentially contaminated food. But customers are encouraged to throw away food from salad bars, olive bars, and ready-to-eat hot and cold food areas at the affected stores. An investigation is ongoing to determine if other stores the suspect visited were affected.
Those stores include:
- Busch's, 2240 S Main Street, Ann Arbor, MI
- Cupcake Station, 116 E Liberty, Ann Arbor, MI
- Family Fare, 2026 North Saginaw, Midland, MI
- Kroger, 3838 Richfield Road, Flint, MI
- Meijer, #108, 7300 Eastman Ave, Midland, MI
- Meijer, #64, 3145 Ann Arbor-Saline, Ann Arbor, MI
- Meijer, #213, 9515 Birch Run Rd, Birch Run, MI
- Millers Mini Mart, 3001 Bay City Rd, Midland, MI
- Plum Market, 375 North Maple, Ann Arbor, MI
- Target, 2000 Waters Road, Ann Arbor, MI
- Tsai Grocery, 3115 Oak Valley Drive, Ann Arbor, MI
- Walmart, 910 Joe Mann Blvd., Midland, MI
- Walmart, 7000 E Michigan Ave., Saline, MI
- Whole Foods, 990 W Eisenhower Pkwy., Ann Arbor, MI
- Whole Foods, 3135 Washtenaw Ave., Ann Arbor, MI