89.1 WEMU Partners With CivCity Initiative To Highlight Engagement Opportunities In Washtenaw County
Every Monday morning, the executive director of the CivCity Initiative will join WEMU's David Fair for a conversation on topics pertinent to Washtenaw County and the city of Ann Arbor. Mary Morgan will provide news, analysis, commentary and explain the various ways residents can become more engaged. Today marked the first such conversation, touching on a variety of topics and opportunities.
Mary Morgan brings a wealth of experience to the airwaves. While heading up the CivCity Initiative now, Mary was previously co-founder and publisher of the Ann Arbor Chronicle. Prior to that she served as a reporter and editor for the Ann Arbor News when it was a daily, print-edition newspaper.
Highlights of first discussion in the WEMU/CivCity Initiative partnership:
- County-wide public safety and mental health tax issue to be decided in November.
- Washtenaw County contract with the Humane Society of Huron Valley.
- 7/17/2017 Ann Arbor City Council meeting.
- Ann Arbor Townie Street Party
- Ann Arbor Art Fair
- Public Art at the University of Michigan
- Public Art in Ann Arbor
- Washtenaw County Housing and Neighborhood Survey
- Ann Arbor City Council primary election races
Non-commercial, fact based reporting is made possible by your financial support. Make your donation to WEMU today to keep your community NPR station thriving. Like 89.1 WEMU on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!