1st Friday Focus on the Environment: Land Use, Budget Cuts And Climate Marches
Proposals in both Lansing and Washington would make available publicly held lands for private enterprise. environmentalists are fighting regulatory rollbacks and cuts to funding health and sustainability programs. Those are among the topics David Fair addresses with Michigan League of Conservation Voters executive director, Lisa Wozniak, in this month's edition of WEMU's "1st Friday Focus on the Environment,"
The topics and associated materials:
- Land Use Issues:
- Proposed EPA cuts and DEQ cuts
- I Ran George W. Bush’s EPA—and Trump’s Cuts to the Agency Would Endanger Lives - Christine Todd Whitman (March 31, 2017) https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/03/trumps-epa-cuts-budget/521223/
- Reflections on People's Climate Marches.
- peoplesclimate.org for information about the national marches
- https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-04-28/trump-s-tax-plan-hits-first-land-mine-blue-state-republicans about the recent court ruling on the Clean Power Plan