Made A Mistake On Your Absentee Ballot? You Can Still Get It Replaced Today

Nov 3, 2020

There is still time to obtain a new ballot for today’s November 3rd general election, if you made a mistake on your absentee ballot. 

Washtenaw County Clerk Larry Kestenbaum says you can take your original ballot to your assigned voting precinct, turn it in, and just vote in person instead.  If you don’t have your absentee ballot with you, you will need to sign an affidavit in order to vote.  Kestenbaum adds that it’s a similar process if you requested an absentee ballot but never received it in the mail.

County Clerk Larry Kestenbaum: You have to fill out an affidavit of lost ballot, which they have copies of that form at every polling site.    

If you do receive your ballot in the mail after the election, you’re asked to return it to your local clerk’s office so it can be accounted for.

Non-commercial, fact based reporting is made possible by your financial support.  Make your donation to WEMU today to keep your community NPR station thriving.

Like 89.1 WEMU on Facebook and follow us on Twitter

— Jorge Avellan is a reporter for 89.1 WEMU News. Contact him at 734.487.3363 or email him