Numerous roads in Ann Arbor and Ypsilanti are closing for the two cities’ 4th of July Parades.
In Ann Arbor, portions of South Main Street, East and West Liberty, South Division, and 8 other streets will be closed from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. for the parade.
Additional roads will also be closed in downtown Ann Arbor from 4 a.m. to 11 a.m. for the Firecracker 5k run.
Ypsilanti’s parade will start at 11 a.m. at the corner of Oakwood and Cross Streets and end at Rice Street in the city’s Depot Town area.
A more detailed list of closures is available below:
4 a.m. to 11 a.m. on Wednesday, July 4, 2018 the following streets will be closed for the Firecracker 5K special event:
• Main Street from William to Liberty
• Liberty from Main to State Street
• William from Main to State Street
• State Street from Liberty to Monroe
• Monroe from State Street to Tappan
• Tappan from Monroe to South University
• South University from State Street to South Forest
8 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Wednesday, July 4, 2018 the following streets will be closed for the Ann Arbor Jaycees 4th of July parade:
• S. State Street from S. University to E. Washington
• E. Liberty from S. State to S. Main
• S. Main from Liberty to William
• E. William from S. Main to S. State
• S. Fourth Ave. from E. Washington to Packard
• S. Fifth Ave. from E. Washington E. William
• S. Division from E. Washington to E. Jefferson
• Thompson from E. Liberty to E. William
• Maynard from E. Liberty to E. Jefferson
• E. Jefferson from Thompson to Maynard
• N. University from S. State Street to Thayer Street
• S. Main from Washington to Liberty
• W. Liberty from Main to the alley between Ashley and Main
• Thompson between William and Jefferson
Ypsilanti’s parade will be held in Depot Town on Wednesday, July 4th. 11 a.m. The parade begins on the corner of Oakwood and Cross Streets and ends at Rice Street in Ypsilanti’s Historic Depot Town.
Non-commercial, fact based reporting is made possible by your financial support. Make your donation to WEMU today to keep your community NPR station thriving.
— Taylor Pinson is a writer/reporter for 89.1 WEMU News. Contact him at 734.487.3363 or email him email@example.com